Pet Drug Card: Frequently Asked Questions
- How does this Prescription Drug Savings Program work?
- Who is eligible to participate in the PetDrugCard Program?
- How much do the Prescription Discount Cards cost?
- Which prescription drugs do they cover?
- What is the typical savings amount?
- How do I use the Prescription Discount Cards?
- How can I be assured I am getting the lowest price?
- Which pharmacies can I go to?
- Can I check a specific prescription's price before purchasing?
How does this Prescription Drug Savings Program work?
The Prescription Assistance Program, PetDrugCard, is partnered with companies that negotiate discounts directly with the pharmacies on over 20,000 name and generic brand drugs. Because our program is able to send such a high volume of cash-paying customers to pharmacies, we can provide group rate prescription discounts. These wholesale prices are passed directly on to patients.
Who is eligible to participate in the PetDrugCard Program?
Membership to the PetDrugCard Program has no requirements. Unlike insurance programs, there is no income, age, pre-existing condition, deductible, or waiting period restrictions. The program is designed to help patients nationwide who do not have prescription drug coverage or who have coverage but are subject to large deductibles, large co-pays, formulary limitations, dosing limitations, gaps, and/or any cash out-of-pocket expenses.
How much do the Prescription Discount Cards cost?
The PetDrugCard Program is absolutely FREE. We provide this service to any and all Americans that wish to save on their prescription prices. There are no premiums or deductibles associated with this program whatsoever.
Which prescription drugs do they cover?
The PetDrugCard Program covers all FDA approved brand name and generic prescription medications.
What is the typical savings amount?
For January 2018 the average savings was 32% off retail pricing for brand and generic drug prescriptions. Generally discounts are higher for Generic Drugs (35%-45% average with some as high as 75%). Hovever, Brand Name Drugs still have significant savings (10%-20% average with some as high as 50%).
How do I use the Prescription Discount Cards?
1. Select a pharmacy: PetDrugCard is valid at over 68,000 network pharmacy locations nationwide. In most cases, your current pharmacy will be part of our network. Use our Pharmacy Locator Service if you need help finding a participating pharmacy.
2. Submit your prescription: Present your prescription to the pharmacist. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
3. Present PetDrugCard: Your card's unique code provides the pharmacist with the appropriately discounted prescription price. The price on the prescription is based on the pharmacy's contracted agreement with PetDrugCard and our partners.
4. You Save: Your savings will be clear once the pharmacist enters your filled prescription into the register. Whether the lowest discount price is the PetDrugCard price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price, you are GUARANTEED to receive the LOWEST price available!
How can I be assured I am getting the lowest price?
The discounted price may vary by as much as 75% depending on the drug and the pharmacy discount rate contracted with PetDrugCard. While pharmacy prices may vary from week-to-week and by the geographic location, the patient is guaranteed the lowest price available regardless of whether it is the PetDrugCard price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price.
Which pharmacies can I go to?
We have a constantly expanding list of over 56,000 participating major chain pharmacies and local pharmacies nationwide. Use the Pharmacy Locator above to see if your pharmacy is in our network.
Can I check a specific prescription's price before purchasing?
Yes, we have provided a tool that will allow you to Look Up the cost of your prescription at any pharmacy. This prescription pricing tool is located at the top of this page.